Secret 7" 2020 has been postponed until September
TO: THIS IS GOODNESS LIMITED, 2 Western Street, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S70 2BP (“we” “us”)
SECRET 7”: Aretha Franklin, Bob Dylan, Foo Fighters, The Internet, Koffee, Miles Davis, Vampire Weekend. You have designed and created one (1) 7” vinyl sleeve (“Vinyl”) for one of the above artists.
1. By signature hereof, and your submission of the Vinyl, you hereby agree, represent, warrant and undertake that: (i) the artwork embodied on the Vinyl is your sole creation and does not infringe the rights of any third party and (ii) you have legal capacity, right, power and authority to enter into this Agreement
2. In consideration of the payment to you of the sum of one pound (£1), receipt and sufﬁciency of which you hereby acknowledge, you hereby grant to us the right to: (i) to sell one (1) original copy of the Vinyl at the Secret 7” event on 31 May 2020 (“the Event”) and exhibit the copy in the lead up to the Event; (ii) to distribute a master list of all of the vinyl covers (including the Vinyl) sold at the Event to all participants who bought vinyl at the Event; (iii) to include an image of the Vinyl within a book about the Event (“Book”) and to manufacture, distribute, sell and promote the same; (iv) to display and distribute an image of the Vinyl on the Secret 7” website and through social channels (v) to use the image for PR purposes in connection with the Event; (vi) to reproduce your professional name in relation to paragraph (i) (ii) (iii) (iv) and (v) above, use of your name shall not misrepresent the extent of your involvement with the Event or the Charity.
3. The rights granted in clause 2 above are granted on condition that all net proceeds from sale of the Vinyl at the Event and sale of the Book shall be donated to Help Refugees.
4. You hereby acknowledge that: (i) you shall not be entitled to exploit the Vinyl prior to or after the Event, commercially or otherwise without our prior written consent; (ii) nothing contained herein shall grant you any rights in and to the Artists and/or Sony Music and/or This Is Goodness and/or Help Refugees (including without limitation their music, logos, professional names, likeness, photographs, artwork); and (iii) we are under no obligation to exploit the rights granted hereunder.
5. You shall indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) incurred by us as a result of a claim arising out of or by reason of any breach of or inconsistency with your representations, warranties or undertakings hereunder.
6. This letter agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Please indicate your agreement with the foregoing by ticking the check box on the submissions page.